Admission arrangements

Admission Arrangements

To apply for a place at Longridge High School there is only one form to complete but you must follow the correct procedure. If your child is in Year 6 at a primary school you must complete a Local Authority form by 31st October.

You will receive details about the Local Authority form from the primary school that your child attends. On this form you will be asked to give THREE equal preferences for the three High schools that you would like your child to attend. However, if you want your child to attend this school, it is vital that you place Longridge High School as your highest preference on this Local Authority form because if you satisfy the admission criteria of all your three preference schools, you will be offered a place based on your highest preference school. The Local Authority want you to complete this form on-line but you can ask for a paper copy. If you do NOT complete this form, you will not be part of the admissions process.

Non-Routine (in-year) admissions

It sometimes happens that a child needs to change school other than at the “normal” time; such admissions are known as non-routine or in-year admissions. (Normal admissions rounds are a statutory process where all parents/carers must apply for a place for their child to start school in the school’s ‘year of entry’ at Primary, or Secondary school.) Any application for a school place in Year 7 on or after the first day of the academic term will be considered as an in-year application.  Any application for another age group will also be considered as an in-year application.

Moving to a new school is an important step for all children. It can affect children in many ways and decisions by parents to change school should therefore always be carefully considered. There are instances where a change of school is essential i.e. for families who have moved into or relocated within Lancashire.

In situations where a school move is not absolutely essential all parents are strongly urged to carefully consider the implications for their child. Changing schools is a big event for any child and should not be undertaken without first talking to the headteacher at your child’s current school, to try to resolve any problems.

The in-year admission process is managed by Longridge High School. Parents are required to complete the in-year application form, which is available below. Where a place cannot be secured, parents will be offered a legal right to appeal to an independent appeal panel. Lancashire County Council administers the appeals process on behalf of the school. Parents can complete the school’s appeal form Appeal for a school place – Lancashire County Council on Lancashire county council’s website.

Completed forms are to be returned to the Headteacher at